From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 14:29:21 -0800
On Sun, 3 Dec 2000 14:41:38 -0500, Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>wonder what it will take to get my MIL and DH used to eating protein in the
>morning? (They are allergic to eggs BTW.)

It's impossible to get mothers-in-law to do anything.

Designated Hitters will usually eat whatever their trainers suggest.

However, I think you are referring to some sort of Husband.  (If this were
India, I suppose it could be a Designated Husband.)

In that case, you have to figure out on what basis he makes decisions.

So people do things because respected friends or role models do them (hence
commercials with famous people advocating the product).   Such people may be
influenced by Madonna and Arnold Schwarznegger adopting low-carb diets, or by
Jenny Thompson and Angel Martinez winning Olympic Gold medals in swimming on a
low-carb diet.  Other people do things because they are convinced by logical,
reasonable arguments backed by hard evidence.   Unfortunately, the latter is
less than 1% of the population.   However, if he does fit into that category,
you only have to him read "Protein Power Lifeplan".

If he is a conspiracy fan, then you only need to give him the history of 20th
Century food consumption, including how Kellogg's started out as a religious
ideology, which then created "health facts" to match their ideology by having
members of the religion obtain medical degrees, and how the edible oil industry
railroaded the US Government into declaring that "saturated fats" were bad for
your health from no real hard evidence.   The latter is documented in:

http://www.westonaprice.org/oiling.htm

--
Cheers,

Ken