From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:42:10 +0200
> both began puberty early, come to think of it).

Early puberty indicates that you ate too much carbohydrates.

> start, how could you manage it seeing as children teach each other to
> eat junk and are bombarded by advertising and other pressure to eat
> junk, even the "good for you" kind of junk (whole-wheat bread and
> cereal, milk, cheese, beans etc)? (I have no kids yet so I'm planning
> well in advance here)

I think it is a question of what you think your role as a parent is. Can you
decide what TV programs your children watch? Can you decide when they come
home and when they go to bed? Will you engage in long discussions where
tooth brushing is the issue? Will you be "democratic" when it comes to what
food you serve?
It's your responsibility as a parent to serve your children what you think
is good food and it is the responsibility of your children to eat it. If
they at some meal choose not to it's their problem.

The information concerning your views on what is good food should absolutely
be given at other times and places than the dinner table where peace and joy
should be present. Of course your children will sometimes eat what you don't
approve of at least after they have begun school but as long as you have
good food for them every day it won't matter very much if they "junk"
sometimes.

> - and speaking of children's diet, is there any reason to believe that
> a diet richer in essential fatty acids would make children cleverer?

If it makes them cleverer? - well, who knows, but surely it must help them
to use their full potential if they are properly fed?

>do mothers
> get morning sickness on a paleo diet?

Yes, they do, thank heavens. The time for morning sicknes is exactly the
same time as for forming organs in the child (or foetus (amer. fetus)). It
stops the pregnant woman from eating and thus stops her from eating the
harmful substances in vegetables.

Here is a link concerning the matter:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~rjh9u/profet.html
And another one: