From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 05:13:19 -0500
On Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:27:33 -0500, Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I think you are confusing "billions" with "millions".
>
>Paul

>bows, not even  spearheads, just wooden spears
>(the "sharp sticks") for a *very* long time (billions of years).

That's true, thank you for that.
The word billion is not only replaced by annother word in my native
language (Milliarde) but even Billion means something different.

Of course it's all about millions of years - some 6 million
after forming a seperate line of bipedal apes/hominids (australopiths),
according to current anthropology.
Australopiths had crode stone tools, some forms of sticks (short digging
sticks) possibly wooden spear-like sticks. Not spear-heads.
And we have cut marks from them, when they cutted meat and/or other usable
items from animal bones.

Amadeus