From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:31:24 -0400
Ashley Moran wrote:

> I've noticed that
> since I started skipping breakfast I get a hunger pang around 10am
> which then subsides.  I get very gradually more hungry as the day goes
> on.  If I start fasting until 6pm will my daytime hunger disappear?

I am not hungry until around 2 or 3. Then it goes away and I eat around
6 or sometimes later with no troubles. I don't feel distracted and even
when I'm hungry around 2 or 3 it is no trouble and quickly subsides. It
did require an adjustment period and I did have a tougher time at first.
I'd suggest eating later and later until you eat one meal. Another
suggestion is to eat some veggies during the day at first. I think your
body takes time to adjust for non-consumption of electrolytes and the
veggies felt right for that first month.

Occasionally I will eat during the day to be sociable, for a business
lunch or a meal with my family. But it makes no difference in that I eat
less for dinner and the next day have no trouble going back to not
eating during the day.

> I've taken to drinking green tea, usually 2-4 cups small during the
> day.  Is this a good idea or not?  I don't know what the effect of
> caffeine on BG levels is.  I am suspect I have quite severe insulin
> resistance despite being stick-thin, and don't want to aggravate my
> system.

I don't know. I drink a few cups of green tea myself. I love Dragonwell
(lungching) the best. Yumm!

I can't see how someone can follow this warrior style diet and have
insulin resistance for very long. Now when I eat I feel the effects and
get sleepy. It's very pleasant actually, relaxing. When I eat during the
day I get sleepy too. My interpretation of this is that my body is very
sensitive to insulin now, unlike before when I ate all the time. So my
insulin sensitivity has increased a lot. How could it be otherwise? My
body is maintaining a steady blood sugar level (presumably) all night
and all day.

I'm not sure that green tea has much effect on me in that I don't feel
any different whether I drink it or not.

The amazing thing is that I have a mental clarity (some would argue that
;) ) and am able to work steadily in a focused manner without dips,
tired periods or downtime.

Yesterday I trained a number of people for 10 hours straight, then ran a
heavy duty meeting. I never felt hungry or tired or weak. In the "old
days" I would have required breaks, lunch, coffee, and would have felt
tired after lunch. Not anymore.