From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:44:02 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/01 5:07:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Although fish oil capsules
 were certainly not available to our paleo-relatives, most of the foods they
 had access to are not available to many of us. The capsules would then seem
 to be a good compromise. >>

I am skeptical about this. This seems to lead up the supplement path, and I
think that is entirely non paleo. Once you start reducing things to pills,
you are introducing an unnatural artificiality.

There are stories of the native californians about this. Even though the
whiteman's store had certain medicines, they wouldn't use them, because it
was better to go into the wild and gather the plants yourself, and process
them yourself. The herbwoman had to find her own medicinal plants. This is
Carlos Castenada - you have to talk to the plant. That's why I don't take any
form of supplements in pill form.

Charles
San Diego, CA