From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 23:31:42 +0000
On Feb 08, 2006, at 10:01 pm, wayne hammons wrote:

> I know if I eat too much carbs but I am not very conscient of
> eating too much protein.  How does your body react to too much
> protein?

Wildtrout gave some possible long term side effects of eating too
much protein.  In the short term, it gives me agonising hunger pains
that usually make me want to eat about 5000 bananas to make them go
away.  The medium term effect of eating considerably too much protein
is that you end up dead.  Hence I try to avoid the short term
symptoms as they are not encouraging.

I'd actually be interested to know how other people find this.  If I
eat a meal of lean meat at say 6pm, I won't make it to 9 before the
hunger kicks in.  It makes no difference if I've had loads of fat and/
or carbs in the days or weeks before - if I have one meal that is too
lean it puts me out of action.  Is this normal, or is my body just
not prepared to give me some slack?

Ashley