From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:55:36 -0700
>I understand it is the cellulose that is indigestible.
>
>Cows eat grass- they have four stomachs and they chew it twice.

Bingo, Lorenzo!  Humans might be able to eat a bit of grass from time to
time, but with only one stomach, we can't rely on grass as a staple.  But
"The Origin Diet" author apparently says grass was a staple in many anchient
diets.  I'd love to know where she got THAT.  But sorry, I'm not going to
buy a copy of the book to find out; I've got more important uses for my
hard-earned cash.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO