From:
Debra Kierstead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:02:03 +0000
Hi I am Debbie.  I'm an at-home mom with a husband Brian and three kids
(9yrs, 5 yrs, and 7 months).  I don't follow a totally paleo diet at the
moment but I am curious about it and want to learn more.  i do eat a whole
foods organic diet and i have done a lot of reading and research about food
and health.  it began when my  oldest child was allergic to dairy products.
all three of my kids have had food sensitivities and i am always learning
more.  my youngest child seems sensitive to grains (via my milk) so i've
played with my diet a lot.

my one starting question is about how to know how to have a balanced diet.
while I believe that the paleo diet can be a healthful one I don't have
experience with it.  i know that native groups had diets that were passed
down through generations with all knowledge handed down.  I don't have that.
  such as the inuit would eat the kidneys and tongues from the caribou and
feed the muscle meat to their dogs.

sorry if this is jumbly but its late!  But I am curious to know how others
have dealt with this issue.  I have personally noticed that the more foods I
have cut out of my diet the more sensitive my children seem to have become.
I want to be sure that they are getting all of the nutrition that they need!

Thanks.  I look forward to learning lots from this list!

all the best,

Debbie K. in Dundas, Ontario, Canada