From:
"Raymond, Charles E. x1280" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 08:51:53 -0500
Remember, I'm not much on diet and the Paleo way of eating has forced me to
take a hard look at mine. A few things I've noticed:

1. Eating raw meat, with just the outside browned, gives me a tremendous
rush. I've not felt that kind of energy before, I almost literally can't sit
still.
2. I ate some partially raw chicken the other night, a few minutes later I
ate some mixed vegetables and ended up with a stomach ache. The night after
that, I ate the chicken again and avoided the vegetables...no stomach ache.
Can someone explain that to me? Am I not adapted to eat certain vegetables?
The mix happens to have broccoli, cauliflower, and several varieties of
squash. They were pre-packed and frozen, all I did was thaw them to room
temperature and eat them. I've eaten fresh, raw broccoli and cauliflower
before without trouble. Must be the squash or does it have to do with the
fact that they were not fresh?
3.  Sinus trouble still has not surfaced at this time. Which is highly
unusual for me, I've suffered with it all my life and I used to be able to
set my watch by it because it was so regular.

I have to agree with the comments being made about the length of time
required to adapt to this or any diet. As I've experienced with weight
training, moving from one routine or in this case a diet after only two
weeks or even two months of following it, does not give your body a chance
to adapt. I will design a lifting routine and stick with it at a minimum of
6-8 months before trying to change even one variable. I look at the Paleo
diet in this manner: I've done practically 30 years worth of damage to my
body through eating lots of processed foods. I'm probably worse off than
most due to the fact that I used to take tons of those Bodybuilder
supplements that line the shelves at GNC and other health food stores that
cater to lifters. My body stored much of this stuff in what little body fat
I have over the years, now I have to give my system time to purge these
toxins before I will even begin to realize the true benefits of eating
naturally. I think my immediate results are excellent, I can only assume
that it's because I've given my system what it needs to begin repairing some
(hopefully most) of the damage I've done in the past. I look forward to
seeing my results after 1 year, since in one month I've managed to drop 20
pounds, most of it water weight, I definitely look leaner and harder than I
ever have. The funny thing is, even though the wife thinks I'm killing
myself and risking Ecoli poisoning, she likes what she sees and compliments
me all the time. This of course only adds positive re-enforcement to my new
found way of life. You can't judge the worthiness of a program or new diet
without at least giving it 6 months to a year preferably a year or more
depending on how much fat your system has to burn and de-toxify. I'm no
doctor, I don't even play one on TV, so if you see glaring errors about my
assumptions...oh well, get over it.