From:
Michael Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:38:54 -0400
Don and Rachel Matesz wrote:

> ---
>  So why does man need "salvation"?

There are times when those animal drives get excessive and out of
control.
The drives, when excessive, can cut us off from family and friends and
may even kill us. From these instincts in 'overdrive' in my life I need
salvation. To me salvation is like a homecoming and a new beginning.
Especially, I need salvation from eating the Standard American Diet.
The Paleo diet is my salvation, it gives me peace of mind and good
health and, I hope, a long, happy life.

> Man is  not "fallen", he's not
> "imperfect."   Man is just another animal,  OK just as Nature made him.

In the context of the whole universe man is neither perfect nor
imperfect. He is inconsequential and insignificant. No matter what he
does, it makes little difference to the universe. Do you apply the
standard of perfection to a colony of ants? Only when they are going to
eat your house, then they are imperfect.

In the context of my life the standard of perfection comes in handy. I
am perfectly imperfect. I am perfect in the cosmic sense but imperfect
in the common sense. I go astray from that which would give me a long
and
satisfying life and I need salvation from that.

I am grateful that salvation is always just around the corner, you can
always begin again.

Michael