From:
Tammy Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 11:02:04 -0400
>>I said, oh, no, i don't think so.  they wanted to give him a HIB, MMR,
>>Hepatitis B, and a tetanus booster!
>>they acted like *I* was the crazy one for declining the privilige of having
>>his healthy body shot full of attenuated viruses.
>>especially the hepatitis one--i asked, why, if he is not an active
>>homosexual or an IV drug user (the 2 main risk groups for this), why does he
>>need the vaccine?
>     Yeah, the same thing happened to us when we went in for camp physicals.
>The doctor knows how I feel about immun. now, and still reaaaaaallllly
>wanted to give them the hep. A vaccine.  There must be some serious promos.
>going on.

The school system wanted me to get Pamela's updated because she was missing
the Hep B.  Because of the autism question and her high levels of aluminum
(used in many vaccines), I wrote up a moral objection (it falls under the
religious exemption category).  In doing my research, the only risk factor
she had for Hepatitis B was being around handicapped people who have the
potential of biting (this happened to her in her last year of school).  BUT,
since we homeschool, that is no longer a risk factor!

Most states have ways to exempt your children.  Here is PA you can either
get a doctor's statement or do your own.  They accepted mine, but it's
geared toward autism and my daughter's medical history so it probably
wouldn't help you.

Tammy G.

"A parent's love perceives no limitations."