From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:24:15 MST
Amadeus,

>It seems probable to me, that the problem (inrheumatoid diseases) are imune
>reactions to proteins, which enter bloodstream erraneously (as result of a
>malfunction like "leaky gut"). Any protein will cause allergies then.

The study showed it was a specific protein, lectins, that led to rheumatoid
arthritis since the molecular structure of lectins are similar to that of
human ligaments.  So it was LECTINS that caused the problem.  Any protein?
No.  This specific protein.  Many people with rheumatoid arthritis drop
lectin-containing grains and legumes but DO eat meats, fish and eggs and
report dramatic success.  It sounds as if you may be allergic to one meat;
you didn't specify.  But does that make you allergic to ALL meats?  I
wouldn't bet the farm (pun intended).  To anyone else I would say determine
what meat is the problem and find that type of meat free-range; maybe you're
problem is with what this animal is fed.  But my guess is that you've done
this.  If not, however, give it a go.

>Thinking historically, it looks that the human animal like any primate and
>most mammals *is* designed to live heavily on carbohydrates for energy.

Part of me doesn't even want to touch this, it's so funny.  Most mammals
designed to live heavily on carbs for energy?  You're joking, right?  Dogs,
lions, tigers, bears?  Please, your mental slip is showing on this one.

>I think carbohydrate *shouldn't* be a problem, but they are for many.

Therein lies the rub.  You THINK they shouldn't be a problem but the FACT
IS, they are.  As they once said on the TEE vee, just the facts. ma'am, or
sir as is the case here.

>Soy, i am not thinking about, since i am allergic to it.
>I don't think it's usefull to point out one specific item for any
>conclusions on, say legumes.

All right, then since you're only allergic to one meat, why don't you just
eat plenty of the others?  Aha!  Looks like I caught you at your own game.
If nothing else, beans make you fart.  For that and numerous other reasons,
I don't eat them.  I eat meat.  And I'm healthier now than ever before.
That's the fact.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO