From:
Mary Anne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:55:50 -0500
On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, I wrote,
>   About 3 or 4 years ago, when I was previously subscribed to this List,
>there was a rather long thread about irradiating meats and vegetables for
>the market. One major proponent of the process was a participant on this
>List from France and referred us to the glories of irradiation through a
>French web site (it had also been translated into English elsewhere). I
>made a copy of it at the time and still have it, but my filing system is
>currently not too great. When I find it, I'll let you know more details.

   As yet, I have not located the article - my moving efforts have gone off
in other directions. However, today I received an e-mail announcement from
Dr. Mercola about various and sundry health matters. One of them was a
letter concerning a food irradiation plant in San Diego calling its
irradiation process a form of pasteurization. Here is the URL for the article:
<http://www.mercola.com/2001/jul/11/irradiation.htm>
   He also had an interesting article on water, bacteria, & fermentation.
If you want me to forward his e-zine/article notification, just write me at
my address & I'll forward the current one to you.

Mary Anne
(One foot in Chatfield, the other still in Corsicana)