From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:57:48 -0600
Justin Hasselman wrote:
>There is clear research that whey has profound effects on immunity and
>cancer.  It also has been successfully used to increase LBM (lean body mass)
>in HIV patients.  There is also extensive reasearch that shows whey
>increases glutathione (the most abudant water soluble antioxidant in the
>human body).  Just b/c cows milks is formulateted for baby cows, it doesn't
>necessarily mean that whey is 100% non-beneficial for human consumption.
>Your logic is fallicious, and it is now you who is forwarding an opinion on
>a subject you know next to nothing of.  It was a nice effort on your part
>though, but you came up a little short.  (I don't think there's anything
>wrong with a little competitive spirit on this list ;) ).

  Seeing pros and cons on the subject of milk and products there of, on this
list and else where, common sense prevails. A paleo diet, not only has the
same three benefits as whey, but it doesn't have the negative effects. If
you go to the archives and look up the postings about milk or milk products,
you will find plenty of links to check out about milk. I found it to be very
informative. But what do I know? I'm no expert.