From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:56:45 -0700
Hi Keith,
Thanks for your comment. Every time a Paleofood advocate takes a position on optimal fat or optimal protein intake, or decides that one food or another is Neolithic and therefore unacceptable, she/he is asserting a universal principle. I would also argue that while each contention might be correct, in a limited sense there are some people for whom that food may be healthful, and others for whom it would be an unhealthy choice. For instance, few are confused about my disdain for gluten grains for human consumption. However, some people appear to be able to eat gluten-laden foods in significant quantity and live long and healthy lives. I don't believe that gluten grains are health promoting, but I suspect that people who do not produce haptoglobin 2 are at much less risk from the hazards of gluten grains.

I hope that clarifies my position and removes any danger that I am setting up a straw man.

Best Wishes,
Ron