From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:59:54 -0400
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Richard Keene wrote:

> I tried the Eat-Right-4-Your-Type diet and it was very bad.
> I think that only experimentation can tell what is good for
> you or not.

I am inclined to agree, but I thought it would be an interersting
experiment nonetheless.  Also, the ER4YT program has two distinct
components.  One is the lectin theory, the other is the metabolic
type theory.  According to the metabolic type theory, for
example, type As do better on vegetarian diets, even though the
lectin theory doesn't require this at all; it just requires the
avoidance of certain lectins.  D'Adamo treats it as a package
deal, but from reading posts at his website, *many* people have
had trouble with the metabolic type part of the plan.  They do
better on more moderate/restricted carb implementations.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the metabolic type part of his theory is
all wrong but I still wonder about the lectins.  For example, I
am a type A and as I've mentioned before, I tend to get psoriasis
if I eat tomatoes or oranges, both of which are considered
acceptable on Neanderthin.  According to D'Adamo, however, both
of them are foods that I should avoid. I avoid them and my
psoriasis is gone, for the first time in about 30 years.
Obviously this is an isolated case, and it could be that there
are other variables that I'm not even noticing.

Who knows, maybe we'll figure something out.

Todd Moody