From:
Michelle Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:13:54 -0600
I would love if more research was done on ancestry and toleration of certain
foods.  Bread of any kind for me sets the motion of negative consequences.
Salt, on the other hand, is something that I do seem to need.  My dad's side
of the family (mostly Scandinavian ancestry) LOVES salt.  I tried
eliminating it from my diet, but I ended up with heart palpitations and
dizziness that was cured as soon as I added sea salt back in my diet.  I
don't use a ton of salt, but a little can go a long way with me.  We also
love fish, both freshwater and seafood.  We all comment that we could eat
fish every day and be happy.  Perhaps my ancestors lived by the ocean and
salt was an integral part of their diet for ages.  People who are allergic
to fish may have ancestry that's been landlocked and never had the
opportunity to have it as a staple in their diets.  And people of landlocked
ancestry probably react negatively to salt.

 I'd also love to find out foods native to my area of ancestry.  Is there
any source that catalogues foods native to certain areas of the world?
Michelle