From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 02:30:21 MST
Greetings again!

I hope no one minds two relatively long posts in one day, but I thought I'd
pass along another morsel.  I have nothing to gain financially or otherwise
by mentioning the source of this information, just thought those of us
interested in weight loss would find this helpful, in addition to those of
us tired of people telling us red meat is eee-vee-il.

In a nutshell, red meat is the primary natural source of carnitine, an amino
acid integral to the processing of fatty acid.  Without carnitine, fatty
acid never makes it to the mitochondria, or fat furnaces, of your cells.
Instead, it goes straight to your tush, thighs, love handles, etc.  Not
surprisingly, most people aren't getting enough carnitine, which has been
shown to help all sorts of other problems, as well.

Once again, mainstream health 'professionals' are full of hot air.  They
tell us high-carb/low-fat diets will help us lose weight.  Yeah, right.  And
if we MUST eat meat, for God's sake, don't eat red meat, it's high in FAT
and will make your poor little heart EXPLODE!  Oh, the humanity!  Carnitine
is just one more reason we SHOULD eat red meat.  Tell critics to put THAT in
thier pipe and smoke it!

By the way, the source of the above information is nutritionist Robert
Crayhon, who (gasp!) supports the paleo diet.  If you'd like any more info
on this topic, e-mail me privately and I'll send you a couple of links.

Humbly yours,

Dori Zook
Denver, CO