From:
Caryl Wattman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 12:14:55 EST

<<Caryl Wattman wrote:

> I am surprised to have a *bad* cold -- it's on its 11th day, and I'm still
> coughing and coughing and my eyes are watering a lot.  I am in my 10th
week
of
> eating paleo. All the veggie theorists talk about detoxing when  you start
> their various wondrous regimes -- do paleos detox, too?
Are you running a fever? I know that when I get sick now (low-carbing,
mostly
paleo) I can't run a fever until I carb-up, which I usually do with
fruit.
I've had VERY long colds (month long) that only got worse with dry
itchy
troat
that made me cough all the time. With a carb-up I just run a fever and
the
cold is gone within a couple of days. I usually wait a couple of days
see if the cold goes away on its own (becaus I don't want to eat carbs
unnecessarily) but then I pig out :)

Of course your problem may be completely different.

Ilya

Ilya, what you say about colds is completely fascinating.  No, I don't
have
fever.  It keeps feeling like I *do* have a fever and I take my temp
but
it's
always 97.4 or so, not even normal.  I've had more fruit than usual --
four
or
five pieces a day rather than my usual two -- but otherwise have stuck
strict NeanderThin.
When you say pig out on carbs, could you be more specific about what
you
eat?
And, above all, how do you explain these strange colds and coughs that
are
cured by more carbs?

Something else that's different about this cold, btw, is that I took
lots of
vitamin C and echinacea, which usually works -- no effect.

Caryl