From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:16:03 EST
Thanks Norm. Now I'm even more confused!  So acorns have that much carbo?
(but it's complex carbo)? Well, I think also that these analyses can vary.
I've seen these nutrient breakdowns quoted in different books showing
different figures for the same things. Maybe these ratios differ for
different acorns (there are many different varieties), and maybe on the time
of the year you gather them etc. etc..?

Maybe it really doesn't matter. The fact is, acorns sustained these peoples
for millenia, so maybe that's all one needs to know.  They also consumed a
lot of seeds from many different plants. Seeds seem to be pretty high in fat
(they're greasy). Do you have a breakdown on seeds, say sunflower,
watermelon, etc?

Charles