From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 07:02:31 -0600
Torsten Bürger wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>I have been a quiet listener to this list and have not yet really introduced myself properly. I'm from germany where low carb and paleo eating is not yet taken any notice of. I somehow came across the paleolithic eating concept during my perpetual search for a "perfect" diet for me. I have tried lots of things and my diet changes were just huge over last couple of years (guess I'm someone who needs to try out everything on the spot). Without knowing anything of the works of Cordain, Audette, the Eades, Lutz, Ravnskov, etc my eating habits turned more and more towards the paleo model. This is way I have zero trouble staying with it. I just have no desires to do otherwise.

Welcome to the list, and congratulations for finding the right way of
eating for you.

>So here comes my question:
>Up to a week ago the diet of my precious sister was very carb and junk based. It was a dead end run for her. Without me fully noticing it she developed some form of bulimia in the end. She finally turned to me asking for help. Of course she knows about my way of eating. So I had no big trouble suggesting her what to do - to try go straight to paleo eating. She says she is very unpleased with her body and wants to loose some fat although I made clear that this should not be her priority at this moment. To tell you: She looks just fine to me. She says she has cellulitis at the age of 21 (never showed me). I learned that after a while of low carb paleo the quality of texture/ connective tissue improves quite a bit.
>Does someone have any specific experiences with cellulitis connecting to carb vs. low carb / junk vs. paleo? My sister needs al the support she can get at this fragile moment.

My understanding of cellulitis is that it is the natural texture of a
thicker layer of fat
over thighs, etc., not some particular condition.  So if you lose the
fat coating and
develop the thigh muscles (by walking, riding bike, etc.) you lose the
cellulitis.  Eating loads
of carbs also leads to puffiness from water retention, which makes the
condition
worse.  When someone goes paleo low-carb, their face loses that soft
puffiness and
you can start to see the contours and cheekbones again, even before much
weight
loss has occurred.

So I think she is on the right track now.  If she starts eating wisely
at 21, she can have a lifetime of good health.  Many of us came to this
diet in our
40s or 50s, with a lifetime of eating junk and the health problems that
it caused.

    Lynnet