From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:51:34 -0600
> I cheated on
> a camp out and ate one wild rice and pork mountain house meal, I became
so
> nausiated I thought I was going to heave for hours and probably should
have
> because I felt sick for three or four days afterwards.

I assume that was a freeze-dried backpacker's meal? I'm not sure if I'd
blame the ingredients, or the over-processing. When I backpacked in my
youth I avoided those meals with a vengeance. Whenever I'd eat one I'd have
major bad results (gas in a tiny tent is murder :), and I was *not* a paleo
eater - or even much of a "health food" eater - at the time.
Peanut butter, "gorp", and top ramen were my backpacking foods of choice
back then, and none of them ever produced indigestion.

As far as the subject of this thread goes, I have always leaned more toward
mini meals, or no meals, during the day and feasting at night. I find a big
meal early in the day - even if it includes no carbs - reduces my overall
energy levels for the rest of the day. Especially mentally.