From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 18:41:29 +0100
Dear David

My current work is as a tutor on a program that trains peereducators
about HIV and AIDS.  Migrant prostitutes are taught how the HIV
contamination works and what, if you are infected, you can do to avoid
an AIDS outbreak for as long as possible.  They need to educate their
peers on this matter throughout the Netherlands and since it's a
European program even in East-Europe where the epidemic is soaring.
Since they mostly come from countries without any knowledge about the
entire proces we have a hell of a job teaching them.
If you now write that in your opinion, based on evidence you read, you
think HIV does not cause AIDS you scare the living daylights out of me.
It is the kind of thing I would expect to hear from anyone sticking
their head in the sand to avoid reality.  I'm not accusing you of this,
please understand me right, but the ones that wrote the articles you
mention.
To have well-informed people stating this is like giving a loaded gun in
the hands of children. I don't want to rock your boat but IF you
contract HIV you will get AIDS.  Medication can stall the process and
prospects are good for anyone infected now if they have access to
healthcare.  But you will bloody well die from it my friend.  Even if it
may take 20 years, your immunesystem is souped up and you will notice.
You may think otherwise but still you would not have sex with a woman
with HIV. Why is that?

And to get back to the topic of this list:
A friend of mine who got herpes has recently started eating Paleo to try
and ease her symptoms. If I'd  tell anyone with AIDS to do this they
think I'm the biggest wacko alive. Pity because it seems logical to me
to build up your immunesystem the best way you can think of.  Does
anyone on the list know a person with AIDS who eats Paleo?

Christy