From:
Nita Stull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:13:58 -0800
John said:
>I'll find myself downtown, starving (to the point of getting the shakes and
>seeing spots) and in a rush to get somewhere. So to keep myself from
>passing
>out, I break the rules and eat crap.

I've found that eating more protein earlier (first meal) in the day helps
prevent the shakes from occurring.

A great way to implement this is to boil eggs in the morning while I'm getting
ready for work.  I usually take 3, and can eat at my leisure during the morning
hours.  I am fortunate that there is a deli downstairs with eggs/bacon, as well.
I'll have fruit for a snack, then salad for lunch.

I suppose the trick is to do what you can avoid these situations.  Good luck!

Nita