From:
Louise Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:19:49 -0500
Hi, Paul!

I hear you! I used to have raging IBS and have been constipated so badly, I
have passed out unconscious from jammed up bowels.  I have been where you
are at- ex-vegetarian, hypoglycemic, chronic fatigue, depression, IBS,
fat-phobic, hypothyroid...we could be twins!
I'll even bet you are a blood type O.

I do best when eating only raw fatty meat and vegetables. Don't be afraid
of fat! Fat and protein are  your friends! Refined carbs and grains are the
enemy. Your body is talking to you. Please listen!

ANY kind of grain, insoluble fiber,  psyllium seed or other "bulk" jams me
up big time. I am confused on why, since you obviously you see this
correlation, do you still keep  trying to "move" things along with grains?
The Metamucil ads are LYING to you!! You keep jumping back and forth
between grains and meat, your body is most likely getting very confused as
to what to use for an energy source.

Hang in there with the meat. Raw meat is much easier to digest and
assimilate than cooked. It worked for you as a kid, remember? If you eat it
cooked, you may need a bit of HCL (hydrochloric acid) and some enzymes in
the transition. Bromelein (in pineapple) helps to digest meat, too. As your
body gets with the program, you can taper off of it.

For the constipation, eat warm stewed prunes, or hot diluted prune juice
-if you are worried about a hypoglycemic reaction, take some flax or olive
oil or other fat with it- it will slow down absorption and lubricate your
intestines (yes I know, not totally Paleo, but it will help get you over
the hump) Also, flax oil or olive oil by itself may help -drink it with
warm water. Magnesium salts might also help. Do an enema if you need to,
JUST STAY AWAY FROM GRAINS!

That fiber is not helping you! Perhaps it works for some people, but
certainly not me! Apparently not for you, either. So believe your body and
not the FDA or even the AMA.

And, BTW, my IBS is totally gone as long as I stay away from grains,
refined foods, and sugar -same for hypoglycemia. All the other problems are
history as well.

Your thyroid may be a bit sluggish (feeling cold all the time). Seafood,
shellfish and sea vegetables (a good source of iodine)- might help that a
lot. Try some oysters or clams on the half shell.

Sounds like you are getting on the right track, but it takes a little
patience, effort and vigilance to get through this. You have already
discovered some very important things about what your body needs.

Good luck to you -let us know how you are doing. Email me directly if you
like.

Louise