From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:57:51 +1100
At 2:03 PM -0800 28/12/01, Mary wrote:

>Richard, is NZ goat meat grain fed or grass fed? It is available near me at
>the Asian store for a very reasonable price. Thanks in advance, Mary

Sorry, I don't know. One of my neighbors used to breed goats and they
mostly grazed but were given hay and grain supplements when grass was
in short supply. That's in Australia though, where grass is more
frequently in short supply than it is in New Zealand.

I would expect that they would be mostly grass fed. And not likely to
be feed-lotted prior to slaughter the way some beef is since there
isn't the market pressure for 'marbled' goad meat.

My suggestion would be to try some and see if you do well on it.

 ...Richard.