Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:16:53 -0700
Not bragging;  Not complaining'   but I have a lot of time
to search and read on the net.  And this is a response to
those who think milk comes in a bottle and meat comes from
"The Meat Department"  at the Supermarket.   And that our
Male ancestors sat around all day while their women picked
berries and gathered nuts.  It is an all in one response to
several threads of the last few weeks.

I read  that as far as physical training and activity are
concerned; Some longevity health  reports support weight
training and  others support aerobic activity as the way to
remain healthy and active throughout  life;   where the goal
is to live healthily and  happily until   age 99 and then
get killed in a fight.

Modern Construction Workers have a power tool for every
need.   And too many use some kind of brain inhibitor to
dull the pain of having to spend a few hours on the job.

In 1950 Construction Laborers were doing "weight training"
type of activity for  many hours of  every week    How about
carrying  200,    92 lbs bags of cement about 100 feet, part
of it up stairs.     Then some days loading the Concrete
mixer;  Push a 500 lb hopper twenty feet,  three times,
then carry three 92 lb bags of cement twenty feet,  than
rest about one minute,  then do it again;  all day of maybe
a five hour stint during  a ten  hour day?   On a  60 hour a
week job where any "slow"  worker was laid off.  When I
started  this job my muscles were sore  and stiff every
morning for over a year -  then they got hard;    I gained
twenty lbs of muscle,  then stayed at that same weight for
three more years on that job.   I  could eat all I wanted
and not gain any (fat) weight.

About female fat layers under the skin;   The Ocean in
Oregon is COLD;  when I was young  the girls would go in the
surf on days when the boys would not.   Then you may have
read that the native peoples at the south end of South
America used women only to go into the cold Ocean water to
get food;  probably killed the men.   Think about it;  The
Mother sat in the "Ice Cave"  holding the baby to keep it
warm;   She could use a coat of fat:   Her Man was out
hunting;  Hunting till he found and killed an animal;  Then
he ate the liver and carried the rest back to the Cave.
Sometimes he was gone for several days;  He kept warm
because his metabolism was higher and he kept moving all
day.

The ancient paleo men probably interspersed heavy load
carrying with running.     One day they would steal a girl
from another tribe and have to carry her twenty miles to
their cave.  Then next time they would have to run forty
miles to escape from some unfriendly in-laws.   The Native
peoples living on the North Pacific Coast raided other
tribes that were hundreds of miles from their homes.
Paddling those huge canoes was not easy.  There was so much
food available from the Sea that  some of these guys could
spend most of their time at war.  Or more truthfully
plundering the peaceful tribes.

If you read Frances Parkman's History of the Americas  you
may be impressed with the high level of physical activity
that these original Americans   achieved.

These Indian nations in the North Eastern America survived
under conditions that would  freeze or starve 99.9% of the
people living in New York State today.

Other posts to this list indicate that few list members have
any idea of farm life,  or of  domestic animals and even
less understanding of wild animals or hunting.

Most large wild animals eat at dawn then rest;  while they
rest it is not that hard to get close enough to spear them.
The wild animals on TV are not shown this way-  the TV
shows need the excitement of the chase scene.

The Deer family of wild game lives in a rather small area on
a daily basis,  then they move seasonally to another small
living area-  so anyone hunting them on a daily basis has
little trouble finding them.

  Once I saw a film of a Rodeo Cowboy in Africa on foot;
"Playing" with a wild Rhino.   The Rhino was so clumsy he
easily avoided it and could have stuck a hundred sharp
sticks into it as it charged him again and again.    This
leads ME to believe that some primitive men could have
killed a lone Rhino any time they found one as long as they
had clear ground to maneuver in not heavy brush where the
Rhino would win

    Again have you seen a real bullfight Mexican style.  The
Bull does not have a chance.    A  primitive would have no
problem sticking a wild bull several times until his sharp
sticks caused it's death.    Then have you seen the
"Alternative"  bull fight where the bull is not injured?
It is easy to get a good seat to that one as the Mexicans
stay away from it.   Well there is a team of guys who go
thru the same type of ballet that the regular bullfighters
perform but they do not injure the bull;  they draw no
blood.   In one movement they get the bull to charge them.
They are in a straight line-  the bull is coming at them -
the lead man jumps up into the air  and comes down with his
front body between the bulls horns-  he hangs on and all of
his crew jump on top of him and the bull.   The  bull does
not have a chance-- These seven guys put it on the ground!
Then they let it go unharmed.    The  day I saw this
"Bullfight"   none of the  "Bullfighters  were hurt.    Does
any of this cause any of you to recall that the Cavemen's
bones  showed injuries similar to those our present day
Rodeo Cowboys receive.

Just using  admittedly "rough"  estimates let us look at the
USA in year  1492.         Maybe  two million humans,  maybe
three hundred million wild big game animals.    Now in year
2001  maybe three hundred million humans,  maybe  two
million wild big game animals.  Yet  every year thousands of
Deer are harvested by soft, out of shape,  modern American
Hunters using Bows and Arrows!    Most of these guy have
only a few days to hunt.

Old Africa as found by the Europeans had huge numbers of
game animals and a few humans that  preyed on them and also
preyed on each other.  War then was similar to now;  Never
ending.  (Africa had no monopoly on war-  it was the same in
Europe, Asia and the America's)  (  In tribal areas war is
every year:  In more developed  (or Civilized)  areas it is
every ten or twenty years)    (In supercivilized areas it is
every day-  but on a very selective basis-  like between
drug dealers)
It surely seems that our Ancestors must have had an easy
time to get meat and carry it fresh or dried on these
hunting trips and wars that sometimes lasted many days.

There is one Dairy written by an adventurer in Africa
during  the Colonial times.      He says;  " Since the
British Government stopped the incessant tribal wars the
tribal population has increased so that they need more land
for farming.  The Gov't  sent crews out to clear brush for
farming.     The hand clearing of the brush  resulted in
many injuries to the workers by Rhino's;  So  they gave me a
contract to kill the Rhino's!"  He shot them.

Think about it.    Visit a farm.  Go to a Rodeo.  Talk to an
old Hunter.  Read books like those written by Frances
Parkman.  Then maybe we won't see so many ridiculous
statements on this list.   Remember "You live in a world
that only  a tiny part of  existed when this writers
Grandfather  was born!"

Regards,     Lorenzo