From:
"E. McCreery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:06:47 -0600
Andrew,

>your point was that in wild game the subcutaneous fat was highly
>unsaturated and tending towards liquid...
Wrong. It appears that you completely missed my point. I did not assert that
all (or any) animals had little or no saturated fat. I asserted that whether
a fat is saturated or not makes no difference structurally because that fat
must be liquid at body temperature in order for cell processes to take
place. To support this, I pointed out that the cells of animals have
structures surrounding them called cell membranes. These provide support,
not solid fat. The fat, saturated or not, is liquid inside the cell. Because
of this point alone, the major backup of all your arguments regarding
saturated fat content (for support) falls.

>i guess that's what happens when you make wild guesses as you did >without
>doing any study on it.
Referring to yourself, here? Get your facts straight, and please, take the
time to read something before you reply.

- Ellie