From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 06:50:32 +0000
>Just wondering,
>Are domestic cats inherently schizo, or is their Friskies to blame? Are
>paleo cats less schizo? What role does SA cat D play in feline leukemia
>susceptibility? What does BARF mean?
>
>Ah, all the more reason to have an Aibo pet companion! LOL no food, no vet
>bills, and they don't run out into the road and get squashed.
>
>I am really wondering about the feline diet though. Thanks.
>Stacie

Cats are obligate carnivores; they must have meat, and can't use anything
else. And yes, all major cat diseases that have cropped up lately have been
reversed and obviated by an all-meat diet. Personality changes are also
common; they DO become less schizo: calmer and more stable, not to mention
free from dental disease, hair and skin problems, bowel and bladder
difficulties, etc, etc. BARF stands for either Bones and Raw Food, or
Biologically Appropriate Raw Food. Proponents feed as close as posible to
what the species would find in their equivalent of our "savannah with a
stick and a stone" This would include whole raw, sometimes rather well-aged
animals of various sizes, with organs and bones, and the stomach contents,
fish, rodents, birds, large game, insects.

There are a large number of cat owners who feed BARF to cats with great
success. Go to the BARF list site at [log in to unmask], and look for the
webring and other links. If you join the list you can get information on
cat-specific lists. Go for it!

ginny and Tomo, who likes cats a lot

All stunts performed without a net!