Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:40:45 -0600
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>>I noticed that any Thai brand product that says 'new' on it has extra
ingredients added that are not paleo. For example the Thai brand coconut
milk has guar gum added which makes it thicker.

Rachel wrote:
Look for THAI KITCHEN, which does not contain such things.  I can't imagine
them adding that.  They have a great product already.  Maybe you are meaning
a different brand that has the word THAI in it but not the KITCHEN part.

Hi Susan & Rachel,

THAI KITCHEN has changed its formula. I have several cans, so I've verified
this. For additional information see my recent post titled "Coconut Milk
Thai Kitchen Brand".

I would certainly appreciate any comments too about my discovery of the very
strange Fatty Acid (FA) profile of this new "Premium" brand. It does NOT
add-up to make sense for a coconut milk FA profile???

For those who might be interested I found a brand (rather expensive for
coconut milk) called Tommy Tang's (TM). It's just coconut & water -has no
other additives. (Calorie & Fat content is high so they're not using the
water just to cheapen its cost.) It's FA profile looks exactly right
too -all Sat.Fat, which is what most of it should be.

Best, deVries

.