Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:54:02 -0500
<<> So I've been taking my temp first thing in the morning for 13 days now.
The
> temperature range is 96-97.1 with an average of 96.9; is this on the low
> side?  Twice now I've taken my temp in the evening, once while making my
bed
> and the other while folding laundry, both times wearing sweats with the
> heater humming along; I hit a whopping 97.8 one time, 97.6 the other.
It's
> like I'm air conditioned.  My semi-educated guess is that this could
> indicate a slow thyroid.  Any confirmation of that?  I'm not sure where to
> look up the 'normal' range.

These readings are pretty much exactly the same as mine.
Occasionally, during the course of the day, I hit 98.1, but
usually 97.8 is the ceiling.>>

  Geez, you guys are up there!  Mine runs between 94 and 95.8.  This changed
recently when I volunteered to be a "prover" for a flower essence.  The very
first dose bumped my temp up to a whopping 97.  I took 4 doses a day for 2
weeks.  My temp stayed in the 97.5-98.2 range.  I lost 15 pounds without
changing my eating habits.  In about a month, I will find out what essence I
was taking.  I wil give info in detail on it to anyone who wishes.  I've
stopped taking it now and will see how long my temp stays up there.  I know
one thing, whatever it is, I won't hesitate to use it again.

Siobhan