From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:35:55 CDT
>Philip Thrift wrote:
>It's a matter of aesthetics -- and we are going back a generation;
>I would say Frank Zane's was closer
>to ideal than Arnold's -- but that's my aesthetics.

Many people prefer the small frame bodybuilders.  The one's with bird
joints
that allow them to create the most beautiful illusions.  Zane was a
notable
of this crowd.  Steve Reeves and Bob Paris also fit the profile.
Currently,
Flex Wheeler and Dexter Jackson have tiny frames too, but I wouldn't
consider their physiques beautiful - they look like neanderthals due
their high doses of hGH.

The way the criteria is set up is:
1. Size
2. Shape
3. Symetry
4. Presentation

So, obviously, there's quite a bit of room for interpretation.  All
things
considered, from a bodybuilding standpoint, I feel Arnold crushed
Zane.  But
from a looks perspective, I would much rather look like Zane than
Arnold b/c
Zane was much more attractive.  Zane married a bombshell, btw.

Frank Zane pic:
http://www.bodybuilder.org/gallery/indiv.php3?searchterm=338&image=zane03.jpg

Bob Paris pic:
http://www.bodybuilder.org/gallery/indiv.php3?searchterm=236&image=9344067903.jpg

It's easy to see how the physiques have become more freakier over the
years.
  Zane's pics reflect someone who uses low doses of steroids and no
hGH.

Paris' pics shows high doses of steroids with very minimal hGH usage.

Here's a pic of the current Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman:
http://www.bodybuilder.org/gallery/indiv.php3?searchterm=58&image=96073794140.jpg

Ronnie's pic reflects very very high doses of steroids (just look how
leathery and thick his skin is) and very very high doses of hGH (just
look
how distended his belly is even though he is very lean).  His skull
features
also look like that of a Neanderthal due to tons of hGH.

Sorry, I know this is a way off topic post, but I love talking about
the
different physiques in bodybuilding.

Justin Hasselman