From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 08:55:11 -0700
At 23:59 5/25/03, Jens Wilkinson wrote:
I have one question about the practice of prechewing
>food. I was under the impression that parents could
>pass on germs to the babies, and that this could lead
>to cavities. But it's just something I heard, and I'm
>not even sure where anymore. Perhaps this is just a
>myth. Also, it may be that with a typical modern diet
>this would happen, but that with a paleo diet the
>parent wouldn't have all the germs in the first place.
>
>Jens

It's the other way around. Any "germs" the baby picks up will strengthen
the natural immunity. This is the way the immune system is supposed to
operate. From the immunity in the mother's first milk on up throughout
life, immune challenges are presented that develop the organism to an
optimum health. Germs are everywhere, and they are our symbiotes, partners
and friends. When the organism is weak or unhealthy, the "germs" work to
take it out of the gene pool, as is right. As Keith pointed out, most of us
are being dragged down by the natural selection of our poor health, and
wouldn't be here were it not for medical heroics - none of which can
promote health, even if they prolong life.

For a child, breastfeeding, good diet, and lots of exposure is the best way
to make a proper human.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!