From:
Esben Brun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 00:07:35 +0100
From: Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [P-F] compulsive eating is not the norm but the exception

>(overweight/overeating) happens in no other species except
> domesticated dogs and cats, and they are not victims of "intellectual and
> cultural learning", only availability of food, and a severely adulterated
> diet at that.
>
> If our dogs and cats had to go out to hunt for their food as they did/do
in
> the wild, they would not lie around becoming fat and lazy either. If we
> humans were forced to do the same, compulsive eating/overeating would
vanish
> instantly.

I have known (lived with)  several  domestic  cats and dogs that   DIDNT
get  fat and lazy !
-  aswell as many  "domesticated"   humans  who want fat or lazy either.

But  I  must admit  I  know  a cat with an eating  disorder;   and I have
known obese dogs too.
However that is not the norm ( I think)

BTW -  commercial  cat and dog  food  surely is not  "paleo".

Esben