From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:58:53 +0100
On Jun 18, 2004, at 4:17 am, Michael Weis wrote:
>> And, Ray pomotes a greater fat content in meat, while Cordain
>> recommends
>> leaner cuts of meat.<<
>
> Wally, what's your take on this? As a beginner, I really have no
> experience to
> draw on, however, after everything I've read about feedlot beef
> recently, I have
> no desire to eat a lot of fatty meat unless it comes from very
> specific sources.

I had a strange experience today.  Because of a temp job I have, I was
up at 5 this morning and ate some chicken thighs/drumsticks.  I took
some with me and had a few more bits with a piece of fruit.  I was out
in the day and took yet more chicken bits with me, and another piece of
fruit.  My mum made me a roast turkey leg and veg when I got in but I
found the meat very unsatisfying and went straight for the (limited)
fat.  I was chewing every bit of skin I could find.

I'm very confused about this because I ate plenty through the day, and
the cuts of chicken I had were pretty fatty (I think).  I have noticed
I've been feeling hungrier than usual lately, and less satisfied by
meals.  It seems unlikely that I am under-consuming fat, but could this
be the cause of my hunger?  My mum tends to over-feed me meat, so maybe
I have too much protein and not enough fat (but the cuts I eat are
usually far from lean, even with the edges trimmed).  The other
possibility is food intolerance- cashew nuts make me absolutely
ravenous (but no other nuts, it appears).

Ashley