Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:50:43 -0700
In nature, children were not vaccinated with huge doses of mercury, viruses,
and toxins,  at one day old.

At 07:21 PM 4/11/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I have been on this list for 2 years now.  At times it can be very
enlightening, unfortunately most of the time it digresses into scientific
muscle flexing.  It seems that Ray's book embraces simple eating and yet
this list often discusses refined products like brewers yeast, cod liver oil
capsules and supplementation.  These items can't be hunted or gathered as
found in nature.

>While I realize that today's food is often chemically sprayed and injected
with hormones and that we don't live in caves, have we lost sight of Ray's
recommendations to eat the simple foods?  Isn't it really rather moot to be
dissecting every fatty acid or molecule in our foods?  I assume our
ancestors ate what they could find and kill and didn't connect any
nutritional value to it.  I enjoy Ray's ideas (along with many
paleofood-minded theories) because it is essentially the basic food meant
for mankind to eat.   Why must we complicate it?