From:
judy genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:26:50 EDT
Here is a question for the list-

At what point of cooking meat does the protein denature, the enzymes
die,
and the vitamin content wane?

I like to take a slab of meat, and sear it in a hot pan for less than
one
minute on each side. The inside is bloody and raw. When I cook liver,
I cook
it for 30 seconds on each side.  Cooking meat  this way is just enough
give it that taste that stirs my genetic memory.  Yes,  there is Lucy
in all
of us!!!!!

When its really cold outside, and I feel like something more warming,
I will
cook meat in bone broth stock in a pot on my woodstove all day. So, if
the
meat is totally denatured, aren't I at least getting minerals in the
broth?

Didn't the Native Americans eat raw meats as well as lots of cooked
stews
with wood ash for calcium?

Just wondering.....

Judy Genova, cavegirl