From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 13:44:56 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Paleolithic Eating Support List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Ron Hoggan
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: Comments, please

>Hi David,
>By your own argument, raw foods should extend life if they reduce
>calorie intake.
>However, I suspect that the critical factor is reductions in AGEs and
>free radicals.
>If so, then a high fat ketogenic diet should similarly extend life.
>
>As for how long humans have been cooking food, there is some debate on
>that issue,
>but the greater question is how long have we been cooking most of our
>food? Just as
>I doubt that the occasional ingestion of refined carbs is that harmful,
>I doubt that the
>occasional cooked meal is problematic.
>
>I don't eat a raw food diet, but I am increasingly convinced that cooked
>foods are
>less healthful than raw foods. I am fully convinced that any
>one-size-fits-all approach
>to human eating is going to fail with some people. That is a little like
>prescribing the
>same dosage of medication for a 100 pound woman and a 300 pound male
>athlete.
>It just doesn't make any sense but it does seem to be our current paradigm.
>
>best wishes,
>Ron

It is true that there is lots of debate around when our version of human
started cooking. We do know there is evidence of cooking in human like
primates long before we settled in our current form.

I don't know calorie restriction extends life in humans. It is just a
theory. Raw food MAY be healthier. The truth is, I really don't know. All I
know is what works for me.  I do personally know people that had serious
problems on all raw Primal Type diets.

The only thing I am convinced of is that one size fits all diet dogma/gurus
create more problems than they solve. These boards are filled with "true
believers."  In my 35+ years of trying different ideas and health gurus, I
developed a certain cynicism. That being said, I am always interested in new
ideas and personal experiences.

-David