From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 21:15:46 -0500
On 07/18/98 16:00:13 Richard Geller wrote:

>Subject: starting paleo, allergies
>
>Well, I decided yesterday to drop all dairy products and occasional
>artificially sweetened desserts for a while. Haven't had a grain or flour or bean or potato or
>sugar particle (except incidental to cured meats) for months and months.

I was wondering how long it takes to notice beneficial effects of cutting out grains, dairy,
legumes and basically everything non-paleo.

I tried cutting out dairy for a week and I noticed nothing.  I do notice (psychological?) a
slight
dependence type thing from eating grains, but I still do anyway, just not very much.  When
I have gone for several days without eating refined carbs I don't notice any real change in a
"craving", and no noticable benefits either.

I understand when someone has asthma, or another medical problem, cuts out something, and can
easily see the benefits.  But what about someone with no weight problem, excellent health (no
allergies or obvious medical problems, blood chemistry very good)?  How long would it take to
notice any benefits from going full paleo, what would I look for, and how long would the
improvements take to notice?

Thanks.

James Crocker ([log in to unmask])
| "A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet |
|  Earth taken from space. On the back it said, 'Wish you were here'."           |
|     - Steven Wright                                                            |