Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 07:17:04 -0800
For bacon, I use fresh pork (completely uncured, no additives) from the
Asian market.

My question is, how long do I have to cook it? My husband insists that it be
"crispy" and fried. I am wondering if it has to be well done?

Also, do you cut off the rind? I do.

Moira

ps My son seems to be getting allergic to pemmican, acts drunk, silly, etc.
What is the paleo view of allergies? About a year and a half ago he tested
allergic to beef. He seemed ok for awhile, but lately, seems sensitive to it
again. What else can I make pemmican out of? Am trying to locate some
venison. One of the butcher shops sells it here for an outrageous price, may
have to go that route, as he loves pemmican. Will these allergies ever go
away? Beef is an apparently common allergy, like milk, wheat, etc. according
to the books I have read.