From:
shirley sommers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 14:55:54 -0800
Thanks , I will ask one of my processors were I get meat for our 9  raw-fed GSDs.
Any idea how much pork fat I should get ???????? Sounds  like a wierd question  but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks for your help ;-)

~S

I would like to make Pemmican since finding a recipe using ground meat.
I plan to use ground buffalo which is easy to find around here at the grocers.

~also~
I think I read somewhere that there is only a 'certain' fat that can be used. If this is so what exactly is it?

I plan to use ground buffalo which is easy to find around here at the grocers.

Any  advice about the varied ground dry fruits suggested in the pemmican ingredient list ?

I am going to  (hopefully) be on the road a lot this year avg about 7 to 800 miles per day so this pemmican would really help out.

Daddy always said "Never argue with an idiot.
They bring you down to their level,
and then beat you with experience."

          http://imagegermanshepherds.com/  est. 1959