From:
Christy ten Broeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 07:36:36 +0100
Ben wrote:  What I am saying is that if you have the chromosome 18
mutation you need the
diet and the virus to get diabetes. If you don't get the virus, you
won't
get the disease. If you have the mutation and you are on the right diet,
you
won't get the disease even if you get the virus.

Ben, I hope seriously you are not telling us that juvenile diabetes is
partly caused by a virus????????
The genetic marker: yes!
The wrong diet: yes!
But a virus???

Please tell me where I can find the information on this one.  As coming
from a family of diabetics and my ex-husband also it kinda worries me
that my son is in such a high risk anyway. If a virus is added to that
I'm outta here   ;-))

Christy