Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:44:10 +0000
On Thu, 08 Feb 2001, Todd Moody wrote:

> There is no such software that can detect all viruses in e-mail
> attachments.

Correct.

However, your software doesn't need to detect viruses at all. To remain
completely safe, all it has to do is to refuse to run them. A properly
designed email program, such as the one I use, will not, under ANY
circumstance, activate or run any form of code that arrives with an email, no
matter whether it is in the form of a macro, embedded in the message itself,
or contained in an attachment. The PC remains safe, and no form of anti-virus
software is required.

>So, even though I think we do all get tired of this, we can never forget
>about it.

I have.

>If your computer store is reputable, they......

.......will not sell you a product which they know to be defective.

Andy.