From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:55:49 -0500
Julie,

> I think that the Diamonds have many gimmicks that aren't
> really backed up scientifically, but basically they do
> recommend healthier choices than many diets-- i.e. no sugar,
> etc.  But their approach is more Natural Hygeine (like Dr.
> Bernarr-- but that's another topic)

Dr. Bernarr shouldn't present himself as a representative of Natural
Hygiene. NH recommendations are not particularly paleo, however the
underlying concepts and philosophy of hygiene are, in my opinion, very
sound and solid. And by the way, NH is not at all just about eating and
food. It encompasses other aspects of health as equally important, (namely
sleep, physical activity, and emotional well-being, including an emphasis
on non-proseletyzing, and learning to fit in with your neighbors and
families who may not eat like you do).

I'd shudder to think that anyone might assume that Natural Hygiene was
anything like Dr. Bernarr.

Love, Liza

--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)