From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:45:07 -0700
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:09:40 CDT, Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>What was the longest lived culture?  What did their diets consist of, and
>how many calories did they eat?  I rember someone mentioned the people of
>the Caucus - who are they?  Any good books out there on this subject?

I find that these questions don't tell us much, because cultures consist of much
more than the diet.

For example, someone once did a study that showed that people lived longest in
cultures where elders were the most respected, ie that people found value in old
people for their experience and other qualities.

PS  If you starting a new thread, with a new Subject line, please do not use
"Re:" in front of it, as "Re:" connotes that you are replying to another
message, and so I spend time looking for that first message (when there is
none).

--
Thanks,

Ken                       <*>