From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 05:38:41 -0500
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:44:17 -0600, william schnell
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  I quote from the a person learned in the field:

>highly oxidizing substance such as hydrogen peroxide or
>chlorine bleach will
>have an ORP above +1000, and usually above +1100.
>For reference purposes, a cooked hamburger usually has an ORP of about
>+435, while a chunk of raw organic beef might have an ORP of
>from -50 to +200.

That's an interesting quote. Definately adovacting raw and organic meat.

hmhm hamburgers approaching hydrogen peroxide..

ORP like ORAC i think refer to oxidating or reducing property of
food items. I think that refers to the free radical/vitamin E topic?

Important health topics especially for big fat consumers like me and
heavy meat eaters (vitamin E is one of the low's of meat).

I'm not shure, but i think the ph (acidity) and ORP are different
dimensions. (the one referring to hydrogen, the other to oxygen ions?)
The oxygen radicals randomly damage molekules which may lead to cancer and
discards vitamins necessary for other purposes (C).

The hydrogen H+ (acid) determines the ph in body fluids which must be kept
within thight limits that body chemistry can function anyway.
Calcium (and other minerals) from bones may be used to buffer excess H+.

Well, hamburgers don't score very well in both aspects...

Cheers, Amadeus S.