From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 17:36:31 -0800
On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:32:12 -0800 Alyne <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> How does one calculate the amount of calories needed
> for maintenance and the deficit needed to lose weight?
>
> Alyne

I was told by a personal trainer, a dietitian and nutritionist, all at
different times, that 10 calories per pound is enough to maintain weight,
and 10 calories per pound of what you WANT  to weigh. For example, if you
weighed 200, then you need 2000 calories to maintain, if you want to
weigh 150, then you need 1500 calories to reach that goal. And if you
work out,  then you need to add 100 calories for every 30 minutes of
exercise.  Whether this is true or not, I do not know.  Just passing it
on.
Trish