From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:00:14 -0700
Debby Padilla-Hudson wrote:

>OMG, this article really pissed me off.  How can they
>tell them that they can't homeschool.. what does that
>have to do with anything?  Also, why wasn't the mom
>breastfeeding?

Well, that was the whole point.  These people believed that all
animal products, including human milk, were harmful.  So they tried
to feed their baby vegan. and the poor child died of malnutrition.
The parents were so set in their ideas that they couldn't see their
baby getting weaker and thinner, as well as their older children.
I believe that is why the authorities would not let them homeschool.
Anyone so seriously deluded should not be in sole charge of
children.

    Lynnet (who remembers this case, though I don't have a link)