From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:26:35 -0500
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 03:00:37 +1000, Evelyn McWilliams
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Could you clarify something for me. Are you claiming that, to reduce body
>fat, you need to consume even fewer carbs and increase the protein/fat
>component in the diet?
>What is the scientific evidence for this?
>>> My paleo approach is  .... mostly lean
>> meats but adding fattier meats for energy and fewer plants.

Yes. Too many carbs turn to body fat but you use food fat for energy and
you need more protein to maintain/build muscle, which is needed for
accelerating fat loss (more muscle burns fat -- and if you just restrict
calories and lose muscle fat it retards fat loss).

Several studies like this one:
http://www.news.uiuc.edu/scitips/01/04diet.html

Phil Thrift
http://geocities.com/paleofitness