From:
"Ron Hoggan, Ed. D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 2009 17:14:42 -0700
Hi Padraig,

While we are remembering that there is some controversy surrounding the
exact nature of the diet consumed by Paleolithic humans, could you tell me,
from your perspective, what paleo people ate when fruits were out of season?
(eg: winter and spring) There really is a limit to the number of frozen
berries that would be available, although that might be seen as an
evolutionary factor in support of our molars.

Also, humans have long since lost their ability to extract nutrients from
cellulose fibers, due to the shrinking of the appendix. Thus, I would agree
that Paleolithic Man did not eat any books, including Paleo Diet. :-)

Joking aside, we have been debating the exact nature of the paleo diet on
this list for as many years as it has been in operation. Many of us are open
to debate and discussion on this level. However, when your evidence is that
you can't imagine wanting to eat a lot of meat, then you lose credibility.

May I suggest that lurk for a while, learn the weak points in our various
arguments, then start posting. You really might stir things up around here
and get us thinking..... but as long as you are spouting this frutarian
nonsense, you are not likely to get a fair hearing. It's a little like
asking us to take the Easter Bunny seriously. It doesn't even rise to the
level of getting us to clearly articulate our positions, which is one real
value of a Devil's advocate.

Best Wishes,
Ron